Wild Blackberry Muffins
Try This Tasty Recipe For Blackberry Muffins
Wild blackberries are very versatile in baking. Their smaller shape is the perfect size for delightful blackberry muffins. It is like having a blackberry cobbler in the size of a muffin. They are especially delicious fresh out of the oven.
I have a tried and true blueberry muffin recipe, which I adapted for this wild blackberry muffin recipe. The recipe is from an old Betty Crocker cookbook, my first cookbook purchase as a newlywed. The cover says “40th Anniversary Edition” and at the time I figured you can’t go wrong with something that has been around that long. Betty has never failed me.
Wild Blackberry Muffins Recipe
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup fresh wild blackberries, rinsed & drained
- Preheat oven to 350degrees and prepare 12 muffin baking pan. Recipe yields approximately a dozen muffins.
- Beat milk, oil, vanilla and egg.
- Stir in flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt just until moistened (batter will be lumpy).
- Fold in wild blackberries.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.